Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Another story from my former classroom that I CAN NOT resist. Proof: We need FACS!

I talk to the person that has taken my place on a regular basis because she has my former schedule.  For me it was old hat but, it is four different preps in classes that were pretty much created by me, and do not always have a standard.  I often did not write things down and well, my random work is sometimes hard to follow, for anyone else but me.

I had strange things happen in my classroom but I rarely had time to share them.  Now I have time.  This one is going to make you cry with either sadness or laughter.  Take your pick.

Here goes my replacements story:

She was walking around checking on student clean up after a lab.  A student was washing dishes.  My former classroom is very small and you do have to look over peoples shoulders to see what they are doing.  When she looked over the shoulder of the dishwasher she gasped, held her breath and calmed herself.  The student did not have a dish clothe to clean his dishes.  He had his sweatshirt sleeves pulled over his hands, in the dishwater, and was using his sleeves as the dish cloth. 

Frankly I don't think I can top this story.  Ever! 

There is nothing else to say but children need time in the kitchen!  Proof positive.

With love from your retired FACS teacher,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment