Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Big shout out to Rachel Ray and Anges Zhelesnick

I confess, I do not watch Rachel Ray very often but it not because she is not doing good things!

I have watched her several times in the summer and thought...."This is simple, something I do and something I might teach about in school." 

Well, that is exactly why Rachel is wonderful.  She teaches the public about food and how to make food most often in a simple way that most people can copy and make at home.

She re-enforces what a Family and Consumer Science teacher might do when teaching food basics with beginning students. 

I personally would like to thank Rachel for bringing FACS/Home Economics into the news (Of course I am not crazy enough to think that Rachel will read this!)  But thank you Rachel for making it known that what FACS teachers do is vital and important for children all around the world.

Below is a link to the interview.  Enjoy it and keep working on putting FACS programs on the forefront of education.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/lifestyle/17098_An_Inspirational_Viewer_Turns_100/index.html#at_pco=tcb-1.0&at_tot=5&at_ab=-&at_pos=1

With Love From Your former FACS teacher,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment