Thursday, March 12, 2015

Family and Consumer Sciences professionals are lucky when it comes to home updates. Right?????

I sometimes believe that because there are so many components to Family and Consumer Sciences I can not focus on one thing.

I have been trying to devote my day to building and assembling items to sell on Etsy.  I say if I am going to make it my career I need to do this during the day.  The problem is, well, I have not been selling much because Etsy is saturated with the products that I have been building. 

Not only that, our home is 12 years old in July and it is time to change and update a few things.  I have been trying to focus on filling in wall holes and repainting but let us be honest that is just not fun. 

We have done some fun things around the house.  We added a built in wine rack with a cabinet below it in our dining room.  I purchase fabric for new master bedroom window treatment....someone needs to sew them.

We purchased new outside lights and they are on the front of the house but the lights for the back of the house are sitting in the garage.  Whoops.

We have purchased new faucets for two of our bathrooms and yes they are installed but the shower head upgrade is still in the box. 

Contemplating the kitchen that I love!  Should we upgrade the counter tops?  So debatable, some say stone counters are not that sanitary but others say you can't sell your house with out them.  Oh what to do, what to do, what to do?

I think I will get back to sewing.  Here are some of this weeks completed projects.  :-)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225816927/baby-or-lap-quilt-top-in-primary-colors?ref=shop_home_active_3

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225569287/john-deere-themed-baby-or-lap-quilt-top?ref=shop_home_active_4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225014993/quilt-top-for-baby-toddler-or-lap-quilt?ref=shop_home_active_5

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225942077/frozen-olaf-themed-pillowcase-with?ref=listing-shop-header-0

With love from your retired FACS teacher, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment