Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Oh my goodness I am sleepy after a half week of workshop. Back at it for awhile.

It has been a little bit since my last post.  I came home from vacation and really just started sewing quilts and quilt tops to get caught up.

Very soon after my lovely cousin emailed me and said, "I don't suppose you want to teach for a co-worker that has a concussion?  I said no and then pondered it.

I decided to inquire as I know there is such a shortage of FACS/FCS teachers everywhere.

So long story short I am back at it.  I have had 3 days of workshop and I am so tired I can see the words I am typing.  All a blur.

O.k. that may be a dramatization.

Anyway, I have been watching all of the great posts on Facebook about getting rooms ready for this school year. I have been noting curriculum that I want to use and will help me get through the next few months.  My job is an undetermined amount of time.

Wish me luck!  I am nervous and excited about doing Foods 1 and the energy that comes with a class full of 9th grade boys....but as I say to my students, I control my own destiny.


Take care,

With love from your retired but back at it FACS teacher,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment