Monday, June 12, 2017

Facebook sure brings out the kindness in strangers sometimes.

My last post was about my Sister in law Nannette and how she faced her cancer with strength.  This past weekend we celebrated her life as she passed away June 4, 2017.

I am pretty sure she was watching over my son as he traveled to her funeral.  He traveled 5.5 hours on his motorcycle.  On the way his saddle bag broke off of his bike.  He backtracked a little to get it and then strapped in on his bike and made it in time for her life celebration.

On the way home he was quite far into his trip back and he realized it had fallen off of his bike again. He back tracked 3 hours and did not find his saddle bag.

On Monday my sister in law's daughter, our son's older cousin noticed a post on Facebook from someone that she knew with a picture of a saddle bag.  Someone had found it on the road and they were looking for the owner.  She tagged the picture with my son's name on it and I saw it.  I contacted him and sure enough it was his bag.

When I asked my niece if she would get the bag, I then asked her if she knew the person.  She said, "No, she saw it on a post of someone that she used to work with."

So, we started arranging for my niece to get it as he is several hours away I thanked the person with the original post.  She said it was shared 440 times.  Then she messaged me and said she was taking it down because it was being shared more.  (Since I posted the original blog this morning the post was shared 613 times before the kind person took it down.)

So to quote my son, "Damn, thanks central Illinoisans".  You did good and we sure got a chuckle at the end of a difficult weekend and I am pretty sure an angel was helping us along.

With love from your retired FACS teacher,  Jane

2 comments:

  1. Would this be the silver lining amongst the clouds of sorrow? from another central IL-an

    ReplyDelete