Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Welcome To August

Random writing for me today.  I usually go through August in a panic.  I think about all of the things that I thought I would get done during the summer and have not achieved them, then try to do them in 20 short days.

As I have retired, and I do not have to go back to school I should not be in this panic mode.  My mind knows it but I still feel that way.  MMMM why is that?  I have personally set a goal that I would find a part time job early in the fall so I guess I put restrictions on myself to project that familiar anxiety. 

But I am not doing a very good job of "job hunting".  I have sent out 2 resumes all summer and I pretty much set myself up for no response from these people with the cover letters that I wrote.  Deep in my heart I really want to relax for a while unfortunately the bills will not get paid with me sitting here blogging for free.  (Smiling)

And ....I am a spender, much to my spouses disappointment. 

I have set myself up to substitute teach.  Hopefully that will help pay the health insurance bills.  I need career motivation.  I have big ideas, but that is just it, they are big and will take major work to accomplish.  Can't wait to see where I land.

On another note:

I wanted to share the link to the America's Breadbasket.  They have posted the finalist recipes for the Festival of Breads contest that I participated in, in June.  They made our products look so lovely.  Please check out the website and look and the grand recipes that were created for the contest.

http://www.americasbreadbasket.com/recipes/View/275

With love from your retired FACS teacher,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment