Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Stress can change your eating habits, but I am trying to keep mine in tune to weight loss. Simple sandwich recipe too!

It has been a while since I have blogged about my very, very, slow weight loss.  I have been at this for almost a year and although a negative is better than a plus it is going slow for me.

I suppose all of the things that I did this summer did not help but here I am down 11 pounds.  I feel better and I am handling crisis better than before.  I am a stress eater and there is no question about it. 

This fall has been interesting as I have been subbing for a sub, quite often, in a middle school for FACS.  I have promised that if they do not find anyone to fill the position, I will take that job second trimester.  There are some stipulations and really I hope they find a nice young 25 year old to take the job.  I am not good with the discipline that it takes to manage 6th, 7th and 8th graders.  Yep my big fear. 

Yesterday I came home from all day in the middle school and I was about to eat the house.  Instead, after a self talk, I went upstairs, got on my sweats, and went down to the tread mill.

This is want I have been trying to do when I feel like stress eating......switch it over to exercise.  It takes time to switch your brain over but well, most of the time I am managing.

I am still going to say I have goiter and my metabolism is slower than average but down is down, as my cousins say, and I will take it.

Here is a recipe for what I call vegetable salad.  I use it like a tuna or chicken salad spread as a sandwich.  It tastes so good but has few calories and helps with so many of the vitamins and minerals that you need.

Vegetable Salad Sandwich

1 onion chopped
1 yellow, green, or red pepper chopped
1 large tomato chopped (or two Roma)
3/4 to 1 cup packed baby spinach chopped (1/2 inch size)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons pickled yellow peppers chopped
1/4 cup mayo
1 t garlic powder
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/8 t chili powder or red pepper

Mix all together and put on bread for a great sandwich.  I like it on rye bread, or a good wheat bread.

Serves 4-6

With love from your retired (for now) FACS teacher,
Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment