Wednesday, September 16, 2020

I am still here! What is up with me? And oh, I have written a pattern for a quilted runner.

It sure has been a while.  

Last year while on our motorcycle vacation I wrote about quilt shops.  Of course, as you all know, so much has changed.  We planned on going southwest this year to the 
Grand Canyon, Zion and several parks in between. It was supposed to happen during May.  Obviously, we passed on the trip, due to COVID-19.  

I have been busy but also in a funk.  I have finally decided to get my act together and write something.  "HI"

Also....so busy! We moved back to the East side of the twin cities, remodeled a part time home in Florida and have a grand baby.  Yeah!

During all of this I have been busy quilting and enjoying my time in the sewing room.  I will write about several of my projects later.  Right now, I would like to talk about my pattern for a simple table runner.  I wrote this during the late winter when I wanted a fun quick table runner for our new home.  I like to think of it as a study of color, light and dark.  

I have assembled several different runners both available on etsy on the following links.

The first is made for Kaffe Fassett Collective fabric.  No matter what that team is so good at what they do and their fabrics always bring a smile to ones face.


The second is a fall/winter table runner:  The theme, the famous retro pick up truck.


Lastly, if you would like to make your own, the pattern is available for immediate printing on etsy for only $5.  It is great for a beginner quilter but also fun to play with for those of you skilled in quilting and need a stash buster.  



I hope you are all doing well and coping with COVID-19.  I know my teacher friends are struggling, and taking on so many jobs with on line learning.  Many of you are in person and on line, which I know, brings so much stress to all of you.  

I wish that I could fix the craziness and take it all away for you.  Life has thrown us a very large curve ball this year and whew, it can only get better.  PLEASE!

With love from your retired FACS teacher, 

Jane 
My husband and I on a mini bike trip

Fall/Winter reversible Table Runner


No comments:

Post a Comment