Saturday, August 17, 2019

Shop number 2 of 2 as we visit New Hampshire for a wedding, Portsmouth, NH


A visit to Portsmouth Fabric company was icing on the cake to our trip.  A short walk from our hotel and a small tour of the village as I strolled the sidewalks was a joy.

But wow, when I walked in the door my heart skipped.  Walls filled with glorious fabric of all sorts dominated by my favorite FreeSpirit fabric friends Kaffe Fassett Collective and Tula Pink.  Whoop, whoop!

I was told they have the largest collection on the east coast, and I believe them.  They even have some oldies; but for me, the selection of basics that I rarely see is what got my credit card ringing.  Wowza, I am so glad my husband does not pay attention to the cost of fabric!

2 things.....

1. They also rip their fabric.  Is this an East Coast thing?
2.  They will be celebrating a big anniversary this year!

If you live in New England and you love fabric of color you need to go to this shop.  I know it is touristy, I know parking is a struggle, but it will be well worth the stop.

They have quilting supplies ,sewing machines and notions, a web site and they will ship.












I mean, look at the color! This place is small but packed full of a seamstresses joy!  Prices are good and I know that even though I live thousands of miles away this will be a go to online shop for me.

I hope you have enjoyed my shop visits.  I love the fabric and now I have to get my act together and start using some of it.  Oh my poor non sewing boys are going dislike my fabric purchasing problem; someday, when I am 6 feet under.  (A family joke)

Until the next journey.

With love from your retired FACs teacher, Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment