Saturday, August 17, 2019

A New Hampshire wedding = Opportunity for more fabric/quilt shop checks. #1 of 2



Some, may have been following my blog as I motorcycled through Canada and then U.S.

We drove back to the Midwest, Chicago to be exact.  We got our sons car, drove to Iowa, stayed the night at my 93 year mother in law's home, washed our clothes, drove back to Chicago, with my mother in law, and flew to New Hampshire for our nieces beautiful wedding.

(Speaking of my mother in law, I will blog about her someday soon.  Amazing seamstress in her day)

Any who, I made time to visit two fabric shops while there.  The first was in North Hampton, NH, approximately 8 miles from Portsmouth.  North Hampton is a beautiful community set on the ocean.  At first glance you will be overwhelmed by the grand homes that indicate nothing but wealth.  Frankly it is worth a visit just to see the homes.

The shop, Pintuck Purl, is set back off of a main road in a small strip mall.  This shop has fabric for everyone.  Quilting, garments,  and upholstery.  It also houses a fantastic collection of yarns (and it killed me not to buy, but yeah I have too much already).  Some of the yarns were locally dyed for that shop specifically.  Along with the yarn and fabrics it has patterns for garments (including retro patterns, many that I made in my youth) and all notions that your heart desires.

They house a nice classroom/workspace too!






The people were lovely, helpful and enthusiastic.  They will ship.

I may even put my nose in their business when a customer asked about putting a zipper in a cosmetic bag.  ( always a teacher, sometimes a busy body )

And yes, I purchased.  Got me some Tula.  I have restraint on yarn, not fabric.  One thing different, because they started as a garment shop, they rip their fabric.  This is a great debate among sewers.  It is what they do.  For those of you that wonder why, it is about strait of grain.

If you live close and haven't been, live far and are visiting, check it out, a nice shop.

With love from your retired FACs teacher, Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment