Monday, August 5, 2019

Day 14 and 15 on our Motorcycle journey with a side of quilting

Today I am doing my last blog from our motorcycle trip.  We have family obligations for the next few days and no time for side trips.  I didn't go to a shop yesterday because on Sundays shops are often closed or have short hours.  I had difficulty making it to an open shop.

And, on a side note, three cheers to my husband for supporting my crazy quilt store stops and  supporting my hobby, quilting and sewing.

Yesterday we traveled from Lake Placid to Rochester.  Today we traveled through New York, Pennsylvania and stopped in Sandusky, Ohio.  Tomorrow we stop in Chicago for our family "stuff".

We stopped early on our journey today in Buffalo, NY.  I intended to get to two shops today but it just didn't work out.

But wow, I hit a gold mine in Buffalo.  I stopped at " Sew What?"  The shop is filled with novelty themed prints and I mean filled.  I couldn't possibly list all of the options but some are: sports, holidays, foods, summer, east coast,  outdoors, characters, cartoons and more. They have a ton of panels,  a huge wall of colorful blenders and a generous selection of white on white.















The shop also houses a small classroom, notions, and cutting supplies.

This shop has a good online presence and sells on their website and Etsy.  The owner and I had a great chat about surviving in business.  They decided 5 years ago to sell online and this decision has helped them find their niche in the fabric world.  Make sure you stop in to see the shop or look it up online.  It is well worth a look.

I hope that you have enjoyed my journey with quilt shops in North America.  Watch for more reviews as I travel.  I like doing these reviews and of course buildings my stash.

  Although I love fabric and I admit to buying more than I need, I truly do want to help small businesses survive and grow.   I feel as though making others aware of shops it does help the industry. I once owned a gift shop and I know the challenge that many business owners face.

Keep sewing, keep teaching others to sew, and continue to be creative!

With love from your retired FACs teacher, Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment