Sunday, July 7, 2013

A grand potato grilling idea from Megan!

Recently my husband and I visited our son and his girl.  We had a lovely meal on the grill with burgers, shrimp and veggies on skewers, corn on the cob and baked potatoes on July 4th. 

Megan started slicing the potatoes crosswise and lengthwise in 1/2 inch squares but leaving them connected at the bottom.  She wrapped them in foil, she filled them with a little butter, salt, pepper, one clove of garlic each, olive oil on the bottom and then sealed them up.  I said, "better get these on the grill, they will take forever".....but they didn't.  It was the quickest, tastiest baked potato I've had from the grill in a long time.  1/2 hour or less.  I asked, "Where did you get the idea?"  She said she didn't know, she just thought it up.  That slicing made the potato bake quickly, and the simple toppings simmering in the potato gave it a lovely flavor.

Well,  I jumped on that idea and asked if I could share her tasty grilling idea on my blog.  As you noticed she said, "Yes".  Thanks Megan and Luke for a nice July 4th celebration and a great meal on the grill.

 I highly recommend you try it.


 
Potato sliced and baked on the grill....MMMMM





 
Will love from your retired FACS teacher, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment