Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A quick summer salad

With the summer finally here (remember I am from the Midwest) I thought I would post a quick summer salad that is easy to take out and about for a neighborhood or family gathering.

1 cup chopped red onion
1 large tomato chopped
30 pieces of turkey pepperoni cut in half
1-6.5 ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts drained and cut in half
1-3.5 ounce jar of capers drained
1/2 cubed cheddar cheese
4 ounces of pasta (any shape)  cooked, drained and cooled
2 to 3 Tablespoons of olive oil (can be flavored)
2 to 3 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Pepper to taste

IMAG0424.jpg
I used spaghetti as that is what I had in the house.  Bows or elbows would be the best looking.
Assemble the ingredients in a bowl mix, cool and serve.  Serves 4 to 6. 

With love from your retired FACS teacher, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment