Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A quick soup recipe for a cold day or a short lab time.

I like my sweet potato soup savory not sweet.  I made this recipe because I don't like things that remind me of cookies in my soup.  Call me crazy but everyone is different.  The combination of the sweet potatoes with the spices just hits the spot for me.

My fast Sweet potato soup

2 cans (29 ounce) cooked sweet potatoes drained
1 medium onion chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cups chicken broth (can use vegetable broth too)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup sour cream
dash red pepper

In a 6 quart pan add olive oil and saute the onions.  Once they are clear add the drained sweet potatoes chicken broth and seasonings.  Simmer until warmed through add in sour cream and whisk in the soup.  Use an immersion blender to make your soup smooth.  (May be poured into a blender if you do not have an immersion blender)

Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and green onions (scallions) for garnish

With love from your retired FACS teacher,

Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment