Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy Easter with a Culinary/Pastry Twist

I often tell my co-workers that I am a confused when I think about two of the course that I teach next to each other.  1. Healthy Living, which has been mentioned.  2.  Commercial Cooking and Baking which focuses on the culinary arts and a great deal of baking.  This food happens to contain a great deal of sugar and white flour.  This food happens to be full of a great deal of empty calories.  I can rationalize most everything so here is how it works in my mind.  And, it is true.

In all actuality we are preparing students for their futures and careers.  Many have an interest in being a pastry chef or chef.   They sell the products they make which makes it a real life experience.  The profits that we receive are used for scholarships for students that plan on focusing on careers involved with the food industry.   I have had several students go to Johnson and Wales, and other culinary arts programs that are located in the Midwest. 

As I often say, all in moderation.  Below is a picture of a student with the chocolate cake eggs my class made, hand dipped in chocolate and decorated.  Not bad for the second week of the the trimester.

Have a good week-end. 

I hope you are with family or friends and it is full of love.

From your FACS teacher,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment