Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hi,  I am here to set you straight on the ways of the world (According to me of course.  You must have a sense of humor to survive.).  I am a FACS teacher or some of you might know me as a Home Ec teacher.  Never the less whatever you want to call me, as a group of people, FACS teachers are wealth of knowledge that can get anyone through just about anything.

FACS teachers teach about Food, Food Preparation, Families, Children, Personal Finances, Interior Design, Clothing, Textiles, Conflict Resolution, Design, Housing, and much, much more.

I will start with food because it seems to be an issue in our society these days.  I see three kinds of families.  Those that are obsessed about health and might a little bit too far with food restrictions, those that only eat processed foods that are expanding their children's waistlines and need to get back to basics and lastly those that are doing all right using bad food in moderation and making good food for their families on a regular basis.

One thing that I will preach over and over is the importance of family time at the table.  Eating together proves that your children will do less drugs, have sex later than the average, drink less alcohol, do better in school and feel more secure about him or herself.  Tell me again why work is more important than eating together if you can have all of those benefits?

I will stop but you will hear from me again because I want to haunt you if you need help in improving your life situation and I want to congratulate you if things in your life are going well.

Peace and Love,

Your FACS/Home Ec teacher.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment