Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mothers Day! A tribute

I see my mother come "out of me" often with phrases, comments and my appearance.  I have expectations and that creates nagging, hounding, constant questions.

This is how my mother operated.  She was a kind, caring, loving human being but she directed us in the correct direction by her constant chatter about what she wanted until we did it.

When she got older she did this to my children on visits.  She could not do much because she was legally blind and was not able to walk much because of the pain in her hips and legs.  (And she NEVER complained she just lived)  But she could manage the house and get work done from whatever chair she may have been sitting in with her dog in her lap.  It drove the boys crazy because she asked them if they (picked up their toys, walked the dog, cleaned their room, did their homework, etc.) fill in the blank until they did what she wanted.  Later when they were a little older it was a joke between me and my sons that if they didn't do a job I wanted completed; I would have Grandma call them and nag them into submission.

I remember her with great fondness today and always.  It has been 9 years but I still feel her love, strength and guidance on a daily basis.  I know for a fact she has carried me and my family members through some difficult times watching from above.

I hope that each of you have had someone in your life that has been a great strength and guide whether it be your mom or a mom like figure. 

There is nothing better knowing that your mom will always be there through thick and thin.  Even if your mom has passed through the pearly gates you know her, and what she would say to you in each and every situation. You know if she is gone she is guiding you (or maybe pushing you) in a positive direction.  Enjoy your mothers love and celebrate her work on mother's day, she deserves it.

 Mom and her dog


With love from your soon to be retired FACS teacher.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment